Jansen Valk Thompson Reahm is a CPA firm located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Our services include accounting and auditing, tax consulting and compliance, business advisory, litigation support, forensic accounting and temporary controllership. We work with small to medium sized businesses in a variety of industries, not-for- profit clients, individuals and trusts.
Tax interns are primarily responsible for the preparation of individual and trust tax returns and will perform some tax research. As one of two firm interns, you will work directly with Principals and Management of the Firm to achieve a high level of understanding of individual and trust tax returns. You will also gain an in-depth perspective on the career of a CPA.
- Completion of the first two entry-level accounting courses
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a master’s degree
- Minimum major GPA of 3.25
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Superior organization skills and ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent problem solver
- Ability to work independently as well as be an exceptional team member
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills
- Full-time paid position beginning mid-January 2018 and ending April 15, 2018
- Position may require Saturday work hours and overtime
Send your resume to Heather McAnaw via email or U.S. Mail:
Heather A. McAnaw
Jansen Valk Thompson Reahm PC
7171 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49009-4943
Internships for the 2016 tax season (January 2017 – April 15, 2017) have already been filled.